23 Ağustos 2012 Perşembe

Varghulf Trio and X-27 Clear Red of Tamiya

I wish I could make a progress report on these models. Instead we have the pictures of finished models and a few insights.

Here are the pics:





The Insights:
Idea:
Firstly, to those who are not familiar with these models, let me clear something out: The unit champion (Vargoyle) has additional wings.
Yes. That's right. They suggest you to put little wings on the shoulders of these horrid looking already winged creatures.

Terrible modeling! Terrible decision!

I know it's high fantasy but who would imagine such illogical additions to well crafted monsters. Every model that I've seen in Warhammer has its consistency about its bodily integrity. This thing has non of it!

And as you could see, I avoided that.
Not to my first monstrous infantry!, I said.
But anyway, to make them legit for the 'WYSIWYG' nonsense, I'll definitely put the wings to the next trio that I'll get. Since I hate the idea I'll adjust the wings accordingly. My plan is to carve the leather in between the joints, reverse them and then stick to the shoulders. This way they'll look like additional limbs, looming towards the enemy. Yes; this, I'll do and you'll see!

Bases:
Look closely to the bases, you'll see 'pack of skulls' set of Citadel Miniatures. What are they? That's right: A bunch of skulls for modeling...
They are old metal cast, and sold by mail order. If you fancy basing and don't have excess parts from a regiment of Skeleton Warriors by your side, this will do the job.
Good old bleached bone + gryphonne sepia combination will give you a cool skull set.




For all of the bases I used PVA glue and little stones to outline the edges and let them dry overnight. Then I painted the recess in the middle with red to create a base for blood pool. After that I decorated the risen outline with rather large 'light brown' stones and some vegetation. Finally I poured water effect and waited for a day.
Last touches were a bit experimental. I used X-27 Clear Red to give out spilled blood effect.







X-27:
This was the first time that I've ever used Tamiya's X-27 Clear Red color. It's a great tool if you ask me; but not your regular red paint.
It says 'acrylic', it looks red and it is fluid; but don't be mistaken, it is something different.

When your regular acrylic paint is exposed to air, it hardens; this one, on the other hand, thickens and turns into a sticky substance.

Handling X-27 needs a little practice like any other paint with other compositions. There are two things I can point out beforehand: The paint can be diluted with water easily, and brushes has to be cleaned regularly.

X-27 is a shining red paint that will gleam among the matte texture of regular acrylic. It is the best for painting fresh blood and newly opened wounds and gashes. Other than that, I don't see any point of using it.



Thanks for reading!

Can Toraman



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder